Leading Edge Seminars Inc. was founded in 1993 by Michael Kerman, MSW, to provide training to Human Services professionals. The topics, speakers and presentation styles are on the “leading edge”, giving you an edge in your work with people. Whether you are a counsellor, therapist, manager, social worker, health care professional, or educator, you will find that there is something for you.
After a day at one of our workshops, you will have learned some new skills, gained a fresh perspective, and had an enjoyable time spent with leaders who know their stuff and know how to present. We guarantee that our workshops will deliver as promised.
- All of our workshops are highly relevant, and on the “leading edge” of professional practice.
- Our instructors are experts in their fields, and have established reputations as stimulating and engaging presenters.
- Our training is always practical and skill-focused.
- Most of our workshops are one or two days in duration, and provide you with skills which you can readily apply when you return to work.
Leading Edge Seminars has also taken a prominent role in helping to organize “Conversation Cafés” in Ontario.
Our track record:
- Since 1993 Leading Edge has offered over 500 workshops presented by leaders in the fields of mental health and management.
- Feedback from our workshop evaluation sheets indicates an overwhelming number of satisfied participants.
To keep up-to-date with our programs, please join our email list for occasional updates.
|Michael Kerman started Leading Edge Seminars in 1993. He received his MSW from the University of Toronto and worked with teenagers and families for 17 years at Youthlink as a counsellor, supervisor, and Executive Director. His passion is exploring the field of professional helping for the latest and most intriguing developments. Other passions are contra dancing and leading tour groups in Cuba every winter.|
|Kim Koyama studied Linguistics and has worked through careers as a grade 1 teacher and a computer technician before landing at Leading Edge in 2004. When registrations are running smoothly, Kim splits his time between posting cat photos on social media and campaigning for a better world.|
|Angela Szeto has worked with Leading Edge Seminars since 2007. Before that she was a reporter in Hong Kong, an ESL teacher, a yoga teacher, an assistant cabinet-maker, and a community economic development worker specializing in communications. When not working at Leading Edge Seminars, she is studying Traditional Chinese Medicine and will be graduating in 2017. Leading Edge has been an invaluable part of her preparation to be a TCM practitioner.|